Skip to main content

Echo Creative Club Reveal Day!

I was lucky enough to be picked by Jeannie Dukic of Jewelry By Jeannie for her Echo Creative Club Challenge for July!  She sent us some gorgeous polymer creations she made, and we were to make something from them!  I made three somethings!  I was excited about the pieces she sent me because I love the ocean and the beach and all things summer!
I made these earrings with her starfish charms. I made some lampwork beads in an ocean color to go with them, and used bead caps that look like urchins!
The second piece I made was this simple cotton cord bracelet - I used a button that mimics the sand dollar she sent me (below) and used her starfish charm and some other sea creature charms!
Finally, with the sand dollar, I made this necklace!  I used the same lampwork beads and urchin bead caps, along with gorgeous czech glass ovals to create this sea-worthy necklace! 
I hope you like what I made!  You can see everyone else's creations by visiting their blogs, below!  And don't forget to check out Jeannie's web site - she has some wonderful polymer creations!

Cindy Cima Edwards  http://www.cindycima.com/
Erin Prais-Hintz  http://treasures-found.blogspot.com/
Jeannie K Dukic http://site.jkdjewelry.com/blog
Keri Lee Sereika  http://www.pinklemonade.typepad.com/
Kristen Stevens  http://kristen-beadjourney.blogspot.com/
Shannon Chomanczuk  http://www.formysweetdaughter.blogspot.com/
Susan Kennedy  http://www.suebeads.blogspot.com/

Comments

adlinah said…
I love the earrings. So pretty! And that necklace is pretty fine too.
Anonymous said…
Oh Sue these are positively drool worthy. Your beads and my starfish are perfect together and the leather bracelet is smashing. So my style. That necklace IS sea worthy. Perfect beads and color knowing you love the ocean and beach so much. I hope you enjoyed playing along and thank you. It was a pleasure having you join in this month.
Anonymous said…
P.S. Thank you for posting this so early! xo
Gorgeous! Love your lampwork...and that starfish button is perfect!
Shirley said…
Oh Sue! Love ALL of them! Your lampwork beads are always beautiful, and paired with Jeannies, you have some real winners. I think my favorite is the earrings, they are just stunning!
Unknown said…
Oh Sue I have to say I am totally jealous! Your creativity with these gorgeous pieces is amazing and I love the ocean theme too!
Anonymous said…
OOhhh! I love the blue and green tones together! So peaceful. I feel like I am sitting right beside the ocean.
TesoriTrovati said…
Such a lovely trio of things. A great collection! I can see that someone will love wearing these together as a remembrance of the sea. I think the earrings are my favorite. And to think that you just whipped up some glass to go with it! Woohoo! That is special. Enjoy the day. Erin
Marie Cramp said…
Lovely! All these pieces are lovely!!
Marie Cramp said…
Love all three pieces! Jeannie does make the best ocean pieces out of polymer! LOVE them!!
Cindy Cima said…
Beautiful earrings - lovely bracelet, wonderful necklace!
So cute, all of your pieces are so flirty and fun. I love them all!
Whimsy said…
Good Job! Very nice pieces, although, the earrings are my favorite. Very summery and beachy.
Pretty Things said…
These are awesome!!!
Barb Fernald said…
Love those starfish charms. All of your pieces look like you were having so much fun making them! Happy summer!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Soup Blog Party!

Welcome to the 3rd Bead Soup Blog Party! What is a Bead Soup Blog Party? Each beader was paired up with another jewelry designer and tasked with sending the following: ~ A focal ~ A special clasp (not just a lobster claw) ~ Some coordinating spacers or beads Using the focal and the clasp was mandatory, but we could use anything from our own stash to round out the rest, and choose to use the coordinating beads or not. You may recall my partner was Margot Potter ; click this link to see the blog post I wrote of what she sent me! Here's what I made! Dangly earrings! Come see what the rest of us made! 1. Lori Anderson, Pretty Things 2. Kitty Durmaj, Perles and Life 3. Michelle Heim, Life In the Bead Lane 4. Lisa Petrillo, Lucid Moon Studio 5. Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations 6. Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs 7. Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things 8. Cheryl Roe, BeadRoe 9. Heidi Post, Ex Post Facto 10. Cindy Wimmer, Sweet Bead Studio 11. Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas 12.

The Tacky Earring Blog Hop

Diana Ptaszynski had a great idea, instead of a Tacky Christmas Sweater blog hop, a Tacky Holiday Earring blog hop! I was on it.  I had ideas right away.  I had so many I had to control myself.  You can buy these for $15 each, too!  Here we go! I found these awesome wreaths in the miniature Christmas section in Michaels, and they go perfectly with silver and copper colored plastic beads! These trees were found in Michaels, on an end-cap - I assume they are scrapbook or card making supplies, but make fantastic earrings.  The holes were a little small and far down, so I had to make LARGE loops.  Paired these with cute little gold colored jingle bells! And, finally, the ones I had in my head the moment she announced the blog hop.  Dr. Seuss sparkly puff balls with ribbons.  The only thing that would have made these better for me is if I could have found the red ribbons I really wanted to pair these with - don't get me wrong, the silver is cool and all, but in my head they w